Thursday, December 15, 2011

Oh Parker!

Parker is a handful!! Not much more needs to be said about this one, but I will for the sake of entertainment.


Parker is the one who gets into EVERYTHING and that just might be the biggest understatement of the year! He is great at "exploring". I like to let him and Peyton down in the playroom together (typically they play together and its a nice break for me to only have the 2 in the living room with me and the other two entertaining themselves for a little). It doesn't take long before he is into something he shouldn't be. He's VERY sneaky about it too.
Recently we have caught him in the laundry room opening the water softener taking the salt out and sprinkling the floor with it. Going in my closet full of all my card supplies and taking ink pads and rubbing them all over the carpeting and himself, dumping 3 jars of glitter all over my stuff, opening and ruining several other ink pads and putting glitter on them - everything he touched was ruined including our carpets! I just stood there and cried out of shear frustration with him as well as the fact that so much of my stuff was ruined. Thankfully Jeff was here that day to help me clean it up.
He's not only great at not respecting boundaries, he is absolutely STUBBORN!! Last night he decided to get up and ask me for a drink. I decided to oblige to avoid the multiple trips to my room begging because he didn't get what he wanted and waking everyone else in the mean time. Clearly picking my battles and hoping for the best. I make him use the potty, get him the drink, and he takes it to his bed. He then decides he doesn't want it as soon as he gets in his bed. GRRR!!! You made me get out of bed for this! So, we sit it leaning against his pillow to "save for later". I climb the two flights of stairs to my room and climb back in bed. Just seconds from falling asleep again and I hear "Mommy, my drink fell down". "Well pick it up". "I can't!" So, I go with him expecting to see it on the floor or behind his bed.....where was it you ask? It was on the bed - it had fallen onto its side right in front of the pillow!!!!!! He rights the cup and I say "You have got to be kidding me!!!! You got me up for this! You can pick up your own cup! DON'T YOU DARE GET OUT OF YOUR BED AGAIN!!!!!"
Oh, Parker!!!

No comments: