Saturday, December 3, 2011

Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies

If you've ever had one of these you know they rock! This recipe makes a TON of cookies so next time I will be halving it. I actually got this recipe from a Jane Green book I read "Promises to Keep" - good read by the way!

Ingredients:
5 cups blended oatmeal
2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 pounds chocolate chips (I used semi sweet - want to try milk choc. next time)
8 oz good quality dark chocolate, grated (I used Ghiradelli semi sweet reg choc, not dark bc I couldn't find dark)
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice - I didn't put these in)

Method:
Preheat to 375 degrees F

Grind oatmeal in a food processor until it is a fine powder

Cream the butter and the white and brown sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla. Stir the flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda into the mixture. Add the chocolate chips, grated chocolate (I put mine in the food processor bc my grater didn't work well - just don't turn too much of it into a powder - keep it chunky), and nuts (I left these out).

Roll into balls and place 2 in apart on cookie sheet, or drop by teasponfool onto cookie sheet.

Bake for 8-10 min or 10-12 for crispier cookie.

No comments: