Saturday, October 30, 2010

Why?

I want to know why its ok for someone to take my husband's hard earned money to buy crap??!! I don't really discuss politics publicly because, well, that's just not my style, but I need to say something to all of those who feel the need to abuse the system!!


Twice now in my quick trips to the grocery store to pick up a last minute item, I have been behind women who have used food stamps to purchase nothing other than junk (candy, beef jerkey, random items that in my opinion are not what you should be using that money for!!) I am all for people who truly need the help, getting the help, but I am NOT for people using our money to buy things that aren't to help sustain a healthy lifestyle for your family. If you don't have enough money to purchase food for your family and you need help in doing so, than here is a novel idea - purchase FOOD!!

Why is okay for you to waste our money on things that aren't benefitting your family? Why do you need that beef jerkey the length of my leg (no lie!!!)? Or why do you need to have 6 candy bars? While I think these are treats and you deserve the right to have treats, but on your OWN money, not our's!!

I guess part of the problem lies in the system and not having stricter guidelines! Get the help if you need it, but use it to buy necessities, please! (don't even get me started on what these women were wearing - designer watches, Guess purses....)

No comments: