Monday, September 13, 2010

Eternally Grateful

As I sit with tears running down my cheeks, watching the minutes pass until my husband calls to say he's on his way home, my clothes covered in spit up, feeding a very fussy baby, watching helplessly while my two toddlers crush Cheezits all over the living room floor, use the coffee table to practice their balancing skills, do gymnastics with the ride on horse, climb into the baby swing, throw toys all over the room, I am reminded of a story I read on another mommy friend and cousin's blog about a mom of a 2 yr old who has a brain tumor and currently is in a comma.

With a breaking heart for this family, my mommy woes become moments to treasure and remind me how eternally grateful I am for the 4 little blessings God has given me. God is a God who gives AND takes away, reminding us to cherish every moment as if it were our last, EVEN when you're sitting on the floor holding two toddlers all while trying to quiet a crying baby aching for the moment when your husband walks through the door to lend a hand. Thank you Lord even for moments like these!

No comments: