Saturday, January 3, 2009

We miss you...


It has been a while since I have had the opportunity to post due to all the challenges life has presented us with. On December 9, 2008, my Uncle Kent died of a heart attack at the very young age of 47. We were devastated with the loss of such a funny, easy going, Godly man so soon and so unexpectedly. He left a legacy that we can only hope to come close to leaving behind. He was never afraid to share his faith and he did do by living out his life with complete love and devotion for God. He was a great husband to my Aunt Lisa, an awesome and fun Dad to Kristen, Renee, & Kyle, and the Grandpa that every kid wants to Aubrie & Rylan.


What I will miss the most about him is the way he always picked on me. He love to give me a hard time about the size of my belly when I'm pregnant. As we all know it gets rather large due to the big babies I have and he loved to pick on me about it.


I will also miss his awesome generosity.... Jeff and I were selling our first townhome and LATE the night before settlement we needed to take out the drywall screws (a silly request of the buyers). While taking ones out in the bathroom we found out the hard way that one was screwed into a pipe and it starting spraying water everywhere. Since my dad is the Mr. Fixit in my life I called him and he was apprehensive about pipes so he called Kent. Kent came to our rescue and helped to fix the pipe and patch our wall. He saved us big time and did so with a giving heart and with love. He jokingly said, "Is this what I have to do to get invited to your house?" (he had never been there before). :)


He was known for his ridiculously loud burps that he loved to do right in your ear. As we got older he moved on to doing it to our kids instead. Believe it or not, I will miss that about him too. :)


I know that one day I will be given the opportunity to see him again in heaven. Our family has grown closer through this and we will continue to do our best to live out the life that he lived and would want for us all to live and share. We love you and miss you Uncle Kent.

No comments: