Monday, January 5, 2009

Baby Borchelt #3

Well many have been asking about the baby. The baby is doing well. I'm 18 wks now and we will be finding out what we are having on Jan. 23rd. We're excited for our Level II ultrasound for several reasons - to find out what we're having, but also to find out if the baby is doing well. I have been having a lot of trouble with my heart lately and my medicine isn't fully keeping it away. So after a few drs visits with my OB, my Cardiologist, and a Perinatologist (a high risk OB), they all feel that the baby should be fine throughout the pregnancy despite my heart rate hitting 230 beats per minute at times! :) It always baffles me what a baby can go through and still be fine. They want me to stay on my medicine and up the dosage to try to keep the frequency of my episodes down. As long as I'm not passing out and getting lightheaded (meaning low blood pressure) then all should be well and the baby will be able to get enough blood even when my heart is beating so rapidly. Basically as long as I'm receiving enough blood to my brain to stay conscious than the baby is getting what he/she needs as well. So needless to say we are anxious for the ultrasound to be reassured that everything is ok and the baby is looking good.

No comments: