Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's soooo HOT!!!















This is how we have been spending the last few ridiculously hot days!

Our AC finally just go fixed yesterday, thanks to my cousin. Our AC has worked in all rooms of our house except our bedroom, so sleeping has been a little rough. We have one of those window fans that reads the temp and in the middle of the night it read 85 degrees! For some reason the people who installed our AC didn't keep pulling the tubing through the duct therefore not allowing ANY air to come out of our vent in our bedroom. Thankfully my cousin who works in HVAC was able to find the vent and figure out what was going on. Now we have AC again - now that the heat wave is over. :) The funny thing is I never grew up with AC in our house, but now that I've had it ever since Jeff and I have been married, I'm spoiled and can't live without it.


I'm new to this whole stay at home mom thing (I've pretty much always been a nanny and taken Peyton with me) so with the gas prices being so high, I have been actually staying home, which is so difficult for me b/c I always want to be doing something. Anyway, 2 days ago I decided in the 100 degree heat that I needed to get out and we walked to the park. - DUMB IDEA, I KNOW!! We were sweating before we even got 20 feet down the street. But the park has those black tire pieces that are fun to walk on because of how squishy they feel under your feet and when your child goes flying down the firemans pole at 20 miles an hour and lands with a thump - you're glad they are there. But, when it just adds more work to your day because he's covered from head to toe in black rubber, you really wish you just decided to stay home. :)




It's hard to see how black he really was but you get the idea. It was time for a bath! All the while Parker is screaming, but because we have neutral colored carpets and I am extremely anal, his bath couldn't wait. Somehow I always find someway to make my life so stressful! Thankfully they both napped at the same time, which means mommy got one too!

No comments: