Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Rock n Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon

On Sunday I participated in the Rock n Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon. It was my first ever and I didn't necessarily love it while I was running it, but I'm ready to do another one! I struggled more than I thought I would and unfortunately just had a bad running day. I knew from the get go it was going to be a LONG 13.1 miles, but nevertheless I crossed the finish line.

Here are some of the photos from that day.
Center City shot - this was soon after the cross over the start line.


Don't mind all the faces I am making in the photos - this was at the end when they surprised us with a hill just before the finish line. I'm in the zone and just ready to be done in this photo.

Staring at the ground helps to keep me focused on the here and now rather than how far I have to go.


Don't know the guy next to me, in fact I don't even remember running past him.

A cell phone shot just before the race started....this is the friend that I trained with throughout the summer and ran the race with., Sandie.

AND....the FINISHLINE!!! I couldn't have been happier to see something come to an end! I am in the this photo - on the left behind the person with their hands on top of their head.
I was very excited to have the opportunity to do something like this. Running is my outlet and I have really come to enjoy it, so being able to accomplish running a half marthon was a great feeling! Thanks needs to go to Jeff and my parents for watching the kids so I could get my training runs in!!

No comments: