Tuesday, September 13, 2011

1st days of school

No one wanted to smile for me for their first day of school photos. Peyton started 1st grade on Aug 31 and is loving it!


To his defense he was coming off of battling a stomach bug...

Parker started preschool today. He did ok. He cried when I first dropped him off. He is much different than Peyton so that was an adjustment for me. I struggled to hold it together seeing him cry because I was leaving him, but when I picked him up he was smiling.
Unfortunately on the way to pick up Parker, someone pulled out in front of me and I had to slam on my breaks, getting the back one stuck!! I was stranded in the parking lot with Jeff two hours away at the Hazleton plant for work! Fortunately my Sister in law saved me and picked us all up!!!! Thanks Em!
It felt like a "Not Me Monday!"....My flip flop broke while running errands with Piper and Paxton, I am 2 minutes late picking up Parker because of having to run home to get new shoes (it was either that or go in on his first day barefoot - great first impression that would have been), not to mention the whole car situation, then its 1:00 and the kids still haven't eaten lunch due to the car breaking down, we get home and I see that the chicken I was defrosting for dinner leaked raw meat juice all over the counter and floor (guessing there was a hole I didn't know about) and then I pick up both babies out of their seats from lunch and they are soaked (diapers were overloaded!!). I was so ready for naptime to just breathe...BUT that didn't happen!! Ugh! Can we just start over tomorrow??

He finally smiled, but of course was looking away! He told me he wasn't going to ride in my car, he was just going to wait for the bus to pick him up! :)

Piper needed to have her picture taken too with her backpack. :) She starts a preschool playgroup next week. She's very excited to be "going to school" just like the boys.


No comments: