Friday, September 25, 2009

Half eaten poptarts and vacuum attachments

Being as I am a HUGE germaphobe and carry hand sanitizer everywhere we go, Parker's lovely infatuation with putting things in his mouth often makes me want to hurl. He will eat ANYTHING!!!!! Or should I say try to. He eats everything from dust bunnies from under the couch (yes I have dust bunnies under the couch - I mean come on... aren't there more important things to do then sweep up dust bunnies, like sit on my butt and watch the latest series premier!), to dirt off the ground, bugs (ants and crickets included), mulch, tire pieces meant for the playground surface, to the vacuum attachments (YUCK!!!), to... get this one, Peyton's half eaten poptart from the TRASH CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GROSS!!!

I can handle rolling in the mud, digging in the grouchy old lady's "dirt" (hehe - that was kind of funny), squishing bugs (well sort of), jumping in huge mud puddles, wiping food through their hair and all over the clothes.... but I CANNOT handle eating things from the trash can!! Where he gets this from, I'm not sure. It has been going on since he was about 9 months old. 9 months later we are still battling him daily, just waiting and hoping that this will end soon! PLEASE Parker... Mama could use a break!

1 comment:

Paul Borchelt said...

Beautiful family. I was doing a search on my son’s name, Parker Borchelt, and came across your blog. I was surprised to find another Parker Borchelt. Our Parker is 4 and we live in Indianapolis Indiana. According to my aunt, who is doing the geology on the Borchelt name, all Borchelt’s in the US are related.