Saturday, September 28, 2013

NOT me week

It’s been a long time since I have posted a NOT Me post…This week has been a LONG week!

It all started off so well! Peyton did NOT drag his feet so badly that he did NOT miss the bus! I did NOT pick up the pieces for him and rush them all into the car to get him to school on time! I am NOT regretting that decision, because that did NOT backfire on me the rest of the week! He would NEVER take advantage and try to pull that stunt again!

After that whole debacle, I did NOT drop 32 ounces of liquid gold all over my dining room floor (Dunkin Donuts Iced Tea). After I got done NOT crying over spilt Iced Tea, I did NOT walk into the Living Room to find a 5 foot, black, Crayola masterpiece all over the hardwood floors. No, Paxton would NEVER do something like that! We do NOT own stock in Magic Erasers (we don’t actually, but should).

Paxton is the perfect little 3 yr old; he would NEVER finger paint with baby powder, hop into the driver’s seat of my van when asked to get in his seat, throw a half full juice box onto the floor that he was finished with, hop into my washer in the 30 seconds it took me to go to the top of the stairs to break up an argument, take his clothes and diaper off because he didn’t want to wear what you put on him…NO NEVER!

Tuesday started so much better! Peyton did NOT make it out to the bus in the nick of time! Paxton did NOT go up and hide in his room saying he was not going to school! He did NOT take every blanket out of his drawer trying to find the perfect one! I was NOT late getting him to school because of his shenanigans!  While making dinner, Paxton did NOT color yet another masterpiece! Jeff did NOT question why I “let” that happen again…umm, I was making dinner and wasn't on top of this kid that I should be able to trust just a little!

Wednesday was a blast! Peyton most definitely was NOT finally running on time and we did NOT end up waiting 11 minutes for the bus! I did NOT get back to 2 of the 3 kids NOT dressed yet for school. We were NOT late yet again for preschool! Peyton did NOT disobey me and disrespect me when getting off the bus, throw a two year old tantrum at the park, and show total disrespect for both of us the rest of the night! NO NEVER! He did NOT drag his feet on getting to bed and I definitely did NOT finally stand my ground and say what I should have said on Monday – “If you miss the bus because you keep dragging your feet like you are now when asked to do something, you will walk into the office and tell the principal why you are late. Mommy will not pick up the pieces for you anymore!”

Thursday was all sunshine and roses! Peyton was NOT putting on his shoes at 8:18 when the bus comes at 8:19! (luckily for him, he made it!) I was NOT totally exhausted from getting up several times a night this whole week for 2 of the 4 kids! It’s like having a newborn all over again! I definitely do NOT want one of those. ;) Ahem…NO NEVER!

The grocery store trip with the 4 and 5 yr old did NOT take me 1.5 hrs and give me literally 5 min to unload the groceries before I had to be leaving to pick up the 3 yr old!

Parker usually rides the bus to school, but we get an extra half hour if I take him. So I decided to go to the park after preschool pick up and they were having so much fun I let them play till the last possible minute. That of course did NOT make me late getting Parker to school. We were definitely NOT running across the parking lot as the last kid in line was getting into school. I am mother of the year for making her 5 yr old cry because he thought he was going to miss school and get in trouble!

I did NOT find a bag full of cold food from the grocery store still in my car an hour later!

Friday was much of the same thing. Lots of being on time for school, perfectly behaved 3, 4, 5, and 9 yr old’s, art-free floors/walls, great enthusiasm over going to school….


I’m sure lots of things that did NOT happen to me over the last week were forgotten, pushed to the back of my mind to never be thought of again, in order to keep just a piece of my sanity!

No comments: